Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought the above car today. i noticed while driving that in 1st gear it seems to require alot of throttle to get moving is this normal for one of these? My last diesel was a 206bhp 1.9 16v Astra SRi CDTi and was obviously quite responsive and didn't require hardly any throttle to get moving.

Another problem is going through the gears, it's very sluggish until about 2800 rpm where the turbo literally kicks in, and gives you a big shove in the big. i was elad to believe these were more of a smooth, refined diesel engine. leading me to believe something could be wrong somewhere?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Matt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
110 Dturbo

I had this engine in a 307 se.The 307 is a heavy car and 110 bhp is never going to be any more than pedestrian in performance.Your last car was obviously either chipped or had a tuning box fitted I,m guessing a DTUK one cos most of the VX boys use these.Try the tuning box or get a 136 hdi.Tese are quick as standard but are flyers if you use the DTUK green box:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi ive got the 307sw se 1.6hdi 90bhp and yes they are quite a heavy car for the size of engine but i would not say it requires alot of throttle to get moving but its never going to be a peformance car :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
lack of power

hello , did you manage to get this fault sorted out i have the same vehicle and the same fault i am looking at changing the maf sensor ...
cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paul.pm.martin said:
hello , did you manage to get this fault sorted out i have the same vehicle and the same fault i am looking at changing the maf sensor ...
cheers
goes back to the dealer tomorrow mate. maf or boost control solenoid are my guesses. as for having what feels like 3-4cms of pedal travel before revs increase i have no idea whats wrong with that? i have what would feel like a misfire in a petrol car (shaking) on idle too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi matt sean here im new to this forum,just wondering if u resolved any issues with the dealer regarding your rough idle and having to push the acelarator 3to4 cm before it start's to rev only my 307 is exactly the same
im at my wits end with this car everytime you look at it there is something wrong with it cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts