Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning right in my 307 it makes a slight clunk/clicking/pinging noise. Turning left is fine. It's just right turning. It isn't really loud but sounds like it's coming from the front left passenger side wheel. Any ideas what this may be?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My first suggestion is check for a broken suspension spring.

These can twang when under load (turning).

Have a really good look though as they can sometime break at the very top where it's hard to see.

If this isn't the case, a good second bet will be the anti-roll bar d-bushes.

You will likely not be able to see the wear on these but I guarantee they do wear and are a common problem on 307's.

A new set is about £15 so not much of a gamble.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just had a new coil spring fitted as the old one snapped and ripped my tyre to shreds. I will replace the d bushes and let you know if that solves the problem. Thank you :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome & pleased that you got it sorted.

We are a friendly bunch of Peugeot enthusiast, if you have any problems or concerns don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Adam :thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Adam i have a few other posts on here with a couple of problems. If you cannit see them the first one is knocking noise on front driver side wheel. It only knocks in the wet then when roads are dry it stops but sometimes it makes like a crunching noise over bumps n small potholes. Im thinking its a ball joint or something. Garage says there is nothing wrong but there clearly is. Any advise on what to do mate ? Thanks in advance :+1::+1:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cheers Adam i have a few other posts on here with a couple of problems. If you cannit see them the first one is knocking noise on front driver side wheel. It only knocks in the wet then when roads are dry it stops but sometimes it makes like a crunching noise over bumps n small potholes. Im thinking its a ball joint or something. Garage says there is nothing wrong but there clearly is. Any advise on what to do mate ? Thanks in advance :+1::+1:
Not a problem. Happy to help :)

When did this noise/knock occur? was it after or before you had replaced the coil spring and top mounts

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts