Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 56 plate 307 1.6hdi 110hp. I have recently spent a small fortune on a new clutch, turbo and injector seals on all 4 injectors. I originally took my car into a local garage I hadn't used before for a clutch replacement as they quoted a much more reasonable price than the other places I had enquired from. After having the car back the work appeared to have been done to a decent standard until my turbo packed on about 7 days later. I rang several garages again and once again got quoted a lower price at this same local garage. After going ahead and having the turbo replaced my injector seals on 2 of the 4 appeared to now be leaking so I decided to get them replaced too. While having them replaced I mentioned to the garage that the turbo they had fitted was showing a build up of carbon that seemed to be blowing up from the manifold. The garage had a look and said it was because of a blocked dpf filter that they could remove for another 50 pounds. By now I have spent 2000 pound and am not sure if they are taking advantage due to my lack of knowledge. Before they had a look at the turbo the car was lightning fast and very economical. After having it returned, the black carbon no longer appears to be building up on the turbo but my economy has reduced dramatically as well as my car having absolutely no power above 3k rpm or 70mph. I have no lights on my dash and the car will rev over 3k rpm but takes forever to go upto 4k. I have taken the car for a blast down the motorway in case the dpf is blocked. This may of helped first and second gear but third, fourth and fifth seem completely flat with no boost at all. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? I have been reading similar problems with various answers such as blocked dpf, sticking waste gate, blocked fuel filter, loose boost pipes etc. I just can't understand how it was fine before it went into the garage and now has yet another problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Lee

D

·
0 Posts
If the sump wasn't removed and a new oil pickup fitted expect a second failure of the turbo. I be checking the new one.
Also if there was a recond turbo fitted, they are absolute rubbish.
Basically the turbo failed the first time from poor service history or incorrect oil spec. These are the only two reasons for turbo failure on this engine. I've seen it all before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply davidireland, the service history has been stamped almost every required period and I also had an oil and filter changer plus a full service in the 12 months I have owned it. The turbo is a brand new one he showed me the box and said they avoid recons at all cost due to unreliability. New feed pipe, oil, filter etc were fitted when the turbo was replaced but I'm not sure about the sump being emptied. The turbo has a 2 years warranty and they replace them frequently they claim so I would like to think they did a proper job.

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just done a diagnostic today on this car for Lee after he contacted me for help.

Luckily saving a new thread, I've found this one to update.

Planet reads engine ecu fault "turbo pressure too low".

I've checked the particulate filter and shows 1% load with no faults and 1.5l of additive.

I therefore assume this is waste gate, solenoid or egr valve related?

ideas?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to trawl up an old thread, but I have almost the exact same issue.

Did you ever resolve this?

Hi all I have a 56 plate 307 1.6hdi 110hp. I have recently spent a small fortune on a new clutch, turbo and injector seals on all 4 injectors. I originally took my car into a local garage I hadn't used before for a clutch replacement as they quoted a much more reasonable price than the other places I had enquired from. After having the car back the work appeared to have been done to a decent standard until my turbo packed on about 7 days later. I rang several garages again and once again got quoted a lower price at this same local garage. After going ahead and having the turbo replaced my injector seals on 2 of the 4 appeared to now be leaking so I decided to get them replaced too. While having them replaced I mentioned to the garage that the turbo they had fitted was showing a build up of carbon that seemed to be blowing up from the manifold. The garage had a look and said it was because of a blocked dpf filter that they could remove for another 50 pounds. By now I have spent 2000 pound and am not sure if they are taking advantage due to my lack of knowledge. Before they had a look at the turbo the car was lightning fast and very economical. After having it returned, the black carbon no longer appears to be building up on the turbo but my economy has reduced dramatically as well as my car having absolutely no power above 3k rpm or 70mph. I have no lights on my dash and the car will rev over 3k rpm but takes forever to go upto 4k. I have taken the car for a blast down the motorway in case the dpf is blocked. This may of helped first and second gear but third, fourth and fifth seem completely flat with no boost at all. Does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? I have been reading similar problems with various answers such as blocked dpf, sticking waste gate, blocked fuel filter, loose boost pipes etc. I just can't understand how it was fine before it went into the garage and now has yet another problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi idriveamini it's funny you should ask me if it's sorted since it was actually finally fixed this weekend. Turns out my Dpf filter was completely blocked. I took it to a remapping centre in Wolverhampton who removed it and coded the ecu so I have no lights on the dash board. Runs like a dream now and the economy is back to normal. Hope this helps, cheers Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts