Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been having an issue for a few weeks now, and I have been trying to resolve whats going on with my pug.

Firstly I had the normal Anti Pollution generic fault with a code of P0104, of which I have traced back to being the MAF Sensor.

I have replaced the MAF Sensor and cleared down the fault code.

Drove the car last night and seems fine until its put under load ie when driving up a hill the car in 3rd gear stayed at around 3.4K revs at approx 55-60mph.

As soon as I was at the top the pug picked up and shot off like a bullet on the flat.

Have rechecked Control unit today and no faults present.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi,

I have been having an issue for a few weeks now, and I have been trying to resolve whats going on with my pug.

Firstly I had the normal Anti Pollution generic fault with a code of P0104, of which I have traced back to being the MAF Sensor.

I have replaced the MAF Sensor and cleared down the fault code.

Drove the car last night and seems fine until its put under load ie when driving up a hill the car in 3rd gear stayed at around 3.4K revs at approx 55-60mph.

As soon as I was at the top the pug picked up and shot off like a bullet on the flat.

Have rechecked Control unit today and no faults present.

Any ideas?
sounds very similar to my 308 1.6 hdi ,i have had a full service and turbo checked and codes read by peugeot main dealer,new maf have bought diagbox trying to find something myself,im going to clean egr next hoping that might sort it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:-

Have rechecked the car this afternoon, and now have 1 fault code :-

P0299 - Boost Pressure control regulation not plausible

Any ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
possibly turbo electrovalve on back off engine drivers side just above drive shaft,that code i have had come up aswell and go away again thats my next port of call after cleaning egr valve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Im thinking I need to replace my turbo solenoid valve on the back of the engine.

Reason being it is producing vacuum which is pulling the actuator on the turbo vanes to its fullest even on idle.

Am I right in thinking it needs replacing?

D

·
0 Posts

Im thinking I need to replace my turbo solenoid valve on the back of the engine.

Reason being it is producing vacuum which is pulling the actuator on the turbo vanes to its fullest even on idle.

Am I right in thinking it needs replacing?
This is what it should do. If it wasn't moving then there would be a problem.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry I don't think I was explaining myself properly.

On idle the actuator on the turbo only moves in one direction, and that is down fully.

On a diagnostic machine it showed the actual boost pressure and the nominal boost pressure, If I was reading it right when under load the 2 values did not match by a long way, in fact the actual value didn't move at all.

The pipe from the Solenoid to the turbo, when removed it released the turbo vanes, on putting it back the vanes were fully opened again, with no actuation under load.

Is that normal? from what I have been reading online, I thought the turbo actutator should be moving not fully opening 100% and staying there?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can anyone shed any light please?
hi mate i h.ave been having probs as you know and it has turned out to be the one way check valve on the brake servo pipe,take yours off of the vacuum pump end and the servo end and from the vacuum pump end blow into pipe if you can hear air coming out the other end then that could be your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts