Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

first post so stick with me,

As the title suggests i have a 307 1.6 diesel which i think is having a few DPF related issues.
Ive had the car about 6mths and the first 5 months i was only doing motorway miles (about 1000 a week) and she drove like a dream. now in the last month since doing less than a 100 mile a week ive the had anti pollution warning come up a few times, then disappear after a few days.

Its a little sluggish sometimes and has a "pause" before acceleration.
Ive recently changed the battery because the original was finally killed off by the fan kicking in most days trying to cool the DPF (oh and the recent cold weather).

I have tried the 70mph in 4th for 10mins and redex in the tank but no difference!

Had a 60k service and my local garage said the diesel additive was low, perhaps that's an issue?

So my question is what options do i have?

I was thinking either;
1/ top up additive, reset levels with help from a PP user in Kent and cross my fingers?

2/ stuff it and get the DPF removed and ECU remapped , cost £500!

3/ ???????????

any ideas or thoughts gratefully received :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in kent with PP if you need the levels zeroing. I also used to have the same problem but after a dose of dpf clean from euro car parts and a reset of levels had no problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All

first post so stick with me,

As the title suggests i have a 307 1.6 diesel which i think is having a few DPF related issues.
Ive had the car about 6mths and the first 5 months i was only doing motorway miles (about 1000 a week) and she drove like a dream. now in the last month since doing less than a 100 mile a week ive the had anti pollution warning come up a few times, then disappear after a few days.

Its a little sluggish sometimes and has a "pause" before acceleration.
Ive recently changed the battery because the original was finally killed off by the fan kicking in most days trying to cool the DPF (oh and the recent cold weather).

I have tried the 70mph in 4th for 10mins and redex in the tank but no difference!

Had a 60k service and my local garage said the diesel additive was low, perhaps that's an issue?

So my question is what options do i have?

I was thinking either;
1/ top up additive, reset levels with help from a PP user in Kent and cross my fingers?

2/ stuff it and get the DPF removed and ECU remapped , cost £500!

3/ ???????????

any ideas or thoughts gratefully received :D

go with number 2 just have it removed i had mine removed best thing i ever done

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Get a Diagnostic done before you do anything , the 1.6hdi is a b1tch to DPF off if it is a combined Engine/DPF ECU , so tread carefully :nod:

D

·
0 Posts
Depollution system faulty doesn't mean theres a problem with the DPF. Its a generic warning for any engine management fault.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently my local garage said there were no fault codes logged, so I'm trying to 2nd guess what it could be without spending to much money.
I'm also guessing they used generic diagnostic equipment which may not pick up fault codes that pp would?
Its just the very average performance and fan kicking in most days (even after a few mile) lead me to think DPF?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same car and I also had the fan overrun problem, stalling when pulling away and Anti Pollution fault . This is what I had to change:

EGR Valve - £100
Glow Plugs - £35.00
Fuel Cap Sensor - £35.00

The Anti-Pollution warning stills shows up even after fixing all these problems (I posted about this on here) and I put it down to buying a cheap EGR valve.

Anyway changing all the above stopped the fan problem and the car runs as good now as it did when we first bought it 6 years ago.

I'm in Gravesend, Kent and have PP if you need any help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts