Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all,

i got my 307 back in september and the day i got it home after 2 hours it failed to start with symptoms of a flat battery, i cleaned and checked all wiring and earths and had to sort the dodgy battery terminals out and all was fine for two months............

however iwas taking the mrs to work tonight and we set off as usual, stopped for some fuel and when i went to re start the car................
flat battery symptoms again :(

ive done some reading on here and will be checking the usual suspects tomorrow like earths, starter wires, battery terminals again

can anyone suggest anything else that would cause this type of problem?

the car is generally 100 % mechanically sound

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
would just like to add, ive left the car for 1 hour and just been outside to try it....

the car started with no effort, i tried all lights heater stereo on and there was no change in engine note or signs of struggling so i think im right in ruling out the alternator and battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi bud.. The battery is only about 6 months old as far as I'm aware.

But as said it's been fine for over two months since this last happend.

I'm going out for a poke about in a bit so Will update my findings.

·
11,711 Posts
Take out the parcel shelf then when you lock the car check the boot light (and all others) are off. Maybe even take the drastic step of removing the radio, as these two can unknowingly drain the battery if there's an issue.

But if you say you needed to clean up the battery terminals I'd check there again first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi gibbo

i dont know if you have seen my older post in the electrical section but my car cant be locked due to missing the door key and the rcl wont program

my car is missing its shunt fuse and after 5 mins of turning it off everthing electrical in the car is fully dead, its been like this since i owned it and never caused a problem so i dont want to replace incase new problems arise.

the battery seems to be flat on cranking but definatley is not, im thinking its possibly an earthing fault maybe?

but wouldnt this happen all the time and not once a month??.....

the car is starting fine again today so im baffled :nono:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
might be worth checking the starter

first of all grab a multimeter. check the voltage of the car running. if its around 14v should be ok

you can test a drain on a battery too, make sure something isnt draining the battery overnight

·
11,711 Posts
Why is it missing the shunt fuse?

Its sounding to me like there are other electrical problems at fault here, or have been covered up in the past.

If the car isn't locked does this mean the BSI is never going into sleep mode and therefore consuming more current?

·
Registered
344 Posts
might be worth checking the starter

first of all grab a multimeter. check the voltage of the car running. if its around 14v should be ok

you can test a drain on a battery too, make sure something isnt draining the battery overnight
possibly a sticky/faulty starter solenoid? Have you checked for voltage when it refuses to start?

if there's good power in the battery, you may find the starter is at fault?

Unless you're charging the battery after these failed starts, i can't see it regaining enought charge to operate normally and start the car..?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts