Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am perplexed as to why my 2003 307 1.6 petrol will not start after sitting idle for 2 weeks.

It was running absolutely fine, and previously has always started on the first turn of the key after being left for a period.

Here is where I am:-

The engine will fire if I spray some easy start into the intake
- no immobiliser problem
- no ignition problem
- looks like fuel starvation

Removed a spark plug and turned the engine over - no smell of fuel.
- still looks like fuel starvation

I released the pressure in the fuel rail, held throttle at full and turned ignition on (repressurisation sequence). Checked the rail and it is repressurised.
- fuel pump working

I have got pp2000 and used this to actuate the injectors individually. I can hear faint clicks by using a stick held onto the appropriate injector. All 4 give identical results.
- power to injectors
- injectors seem to be working

I am stumped at the moment. I still believe it is fuel starvation, but could do with some suggestions of tests to try now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H, the pump is working and pressurises the fuel rail. I've checked the fault log and there is an intermittent fault on the engine speed sensor. I have read somewhere that if this sensor doesn't give a signal, the ecu shuts off fuel to prevent unburnt fuel going onto the cat. I'll be trying to chase this down today!

·
5,664 Posts
No signal from Engine Speed Sensor (Crank Sensor) will result in no spark or fuel as ecu does not know engine is being turned over

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved!

It was the engine speed sensor aka crankshaft sensor - the magnetic pickup on the flywheel.

Lack of signal from this sensor prevented the injectors from firing for the reason stated previously, but the spark plugs do still fire as demonstrated by firing on easy start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts