Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 307 and just replaced the clutch but Carnt get drive to the wheels not everything back together fine when into gears ect but no drive it try’s spinning alittle then stops I’m at my wits end I’m very handy with cars and changed afew clutches but this ones baffling me help

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Ah more info. It helps if you tell us the whole tale! Now the clutch set could be the culprit, that or the release bearing arm maybe. Some of these on other cars are have been known to crack or break causing loss of movement of the bearing or stopping engagement of the clutch plate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah more info. It helps if you tell us the whole tale! Now the clutch set could be the culprit, that or the release bearing arm maybe. Some of these on other cars are have been known to crack or break causing loss of movement of the bearing or stopping engagement of the clutch plate.
It all started As I was driving home and a bad chattering developed I had the new clutch as it was hi on peddle at home ready to fit so jacked car up put in gear 1st /2nd/3rd was fine but 4th and 5th chattering bad sounded like synchro might have gone so got a box of my friend same code on box I new it was working ok before he scrapped the car anyway put both drive shafts in it put in gear all fine and no noise at all so changed clutch and box but no drive well it try’s spins then stops no noise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Certainly sounds as if the clutch is not fully engaging with the flywheel so was it the correct clutch that you fitted I wonder.
Sound silly but hopefully over the weekend I’m stripping it down again and fitting old clutch just to see what happens as it worked ok just high and if it’s all ok it’s the clutch

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good idea but a lot of work so hope it works and if the old one does then return the other and get a new correct one as if it is that worn then you might start getting clutch slip!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts