Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've had the oil engine pressure to low warning come on and managed to get the car home after breaking down less then half a mile from home. Car has done 125k and is over due a service! I've dropped the oil sump and at the same time I'm serving the car. The oil pick feed looks ok. I've brought a oil pressure switch and I can't find its location, any help please, thanks.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
since you serviced it is the light still on?

take the air pipe to the turbo off. then check the turbine

if the cars conking out i doubt it will be the switch its warning you but you keep running it thus it conking out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I got as far as removing the sump and removing the old sealent, I haven't got the car running yet due to commitments. I see your point about the oil switch. I've checked the turbine and the turbine has very little movement. Is there anything I could check before I start the car or am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
should be ok. sometimes if crap oil filters are used or the cars well overdue a service it can cause oil pressure faults

put the sump back on. fill with 5w30 oil ford spec c2 if you have dpf. genuine filter and see what its like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts