Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a mate of mine attempted to remove the gearbox but couldn't, anyways when he put it back together it started, ran for a few moments then died and would not start again. I suggested that it ran with the diesel that was left in the injectors and perhaps he had disconnected a plug or wire that tells the engine to supply more fuel? Could this be possible?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Most likely thing is he has not plugged the rail sensor back in happens all the time

·
6,550 Posts
Or he has disturbed the fuel lines or filter and got air into the system have you tried priming the system

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or he has disturbed the fuel lines or filter and got air into the system have you tried priming the system

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hi thanks for your reply. The guy has been out today to sort it and he said a fuel line had come off filter and let air in. Many thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, further to this issue of not starting. When I got home from work I treid to start the car.....nothing. The lights on the dash came on but engine was not turning. I called Green Flag, the guy came out and eventually started it. He said to drive it around for about 15 mins to charge battery up. When I was driving after about 2 miles warning lights were showing on dash, the airbag light came on and went off, the ABS light came on and went back off, the yellow triangle came on and went off. Strange messages where coming up but where in French so didnt understand the....one I think referred to the electrical circuit. Then the steering became heavy, the lights started to dim and the red STOP light came on, my lights and all the dash lights went off then the steering began to wobble about so I pulled over where it was safe. Obviously this is an electrical fault but does anyone know what it could be, it appears to be pretty serious but could something have shorted out, lot of things going on there. When I stopped the car and tried to start it again it was the same fault I had to begin with. Any advice? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds to me like your wiring to the starter/gearbox is not reconnected properly or your alternator is not charging the battery properly for possibly same reason

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No you just need to go over all the stuff removed before something will be loose most likely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts