Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6 hdi that i have had no end of problems with.
At idle it is lumpy and if you drive it at a constant speed below 2000rpm is also lumpy. I noticed that if you unplug the airflow meter it nolonger idles lumpy.
The problem has been getting worse over the last year and the MPG is starting to suffer. yesterday i was on a long journey i noticed the turbo was pulsing when i was overtaking, and some times no turbo at all!
the car has been remaped and had the fap taken out a few months ago but did not change the problems.
there is no error codes and i have pp2000 but not sure what to look for
thanks in advance for any help/ideas

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the other thing I did not say was what temp are the engine ment to run at? mine never goes above 80 which i thought was a bit cold

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did notice it was a bit smoky at idle, would an injector not show up a fault?
On PP2000 i noticed the injector readings were about +0.60 to -0.20 apart from one that was showing 1.52. The problem is, I have no idea what they should be!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responces, car is just about dead now, turbo randomly works, car is very lumpy to drive and the smoke is unreal. Only getting 28mpg now. The injector reading seem to be ok, they are normally sitting about -0.40. There is no fault codes.
This thing will be the end of me!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
EGR, boost control, boost leaks; maybe a clogged cat. After that? compression test would be worthwhile, and after that, any chance of a problem with the remap?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
best idea is to get the map back to stock most places will put it back to stock for you and return the remap for free,

but as dpmiller says, EGR, Turbo Valve, or turbo repeat sensor some of this 1.6 110 have these, another thing it could be is check your intake body area for oil leaks as this could be your prob my dads C4 HDi 1.6, 110 was lumpy but the turbo was fine, turned out that the intake body was split dealer installed a new one and bingo no more lumpy idle thats only if yours is the 110 version of the 1.6 Hdi

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replys, I dont think it is the remap as the car did it before just not as bad, saying that is was progressively getting worse. I am going to try and clean the EGR. is there any way of testing it? I have pp2000 and not bad with electronics.
I always thought the car was a 110bhp but the guy that did the remap said it was coming up as a 90bhp. Is there any way of checking?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if you look on the engine on the left hand side you should see an intercooler or you could take a picture and upload it here and i'll tell you, also on some engine covers it says 110HDi ,

what codes are planet bringing up?

·
Registered
315 Posts
yup. ICs are the obvious difference between 90 and 110 with 2.0 8v units (before you delve deeper towards the turbos) but on the 1.6 just about all PSA apps are intercooled AFAIK (dunno about Fords)

On the 1.6, the obvious difference between 90 and 110 is the turbo- wastegate on the 90, VNT on the 110.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took the EGR off this weekend and it was fairly clean, took off the pipe that goes to the inlet manifold and the end had loads of oily carbon build up so took ite inlet manifold off and i was very suprized the car was running at all. The inlet ports were totally choked. cleaned them out best i could in my drive with the temp at -4.
Car now runs smooth, has lots more poke about it and does not have a smoking problem any more.
How ever, the turbo does still randomly cut in and out still.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts