Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help please,

Im in need of a new turbo for a 1.6hdi 110, I believe the turbo is a Garret 1544V will any 1544V fit the purpose or does it need to be the exact same part number as the one one the current vehicle.

I have found a new that have been re-furbed that just have a generic 1544V stamped on the info plate on the turbo and no part numbers and also one that the part number differs by 1 digit?

Thanks Guys :thumb:

·
Registered
453 Posts
You could buy a "cartridge" instead of a complete unit- cost about £90-100 delivered and not too difficult to change
I've bought cartridges before with good success and also bought a complete unit which blew apart after only a few miles!!
The name of the Co. doing cartridges is in one of my old posts, i'll try to find it

Turbocharger Systems on eBay, call them ,found to be very helpful as I think that I too had one No that was different

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, i found them on ebay and have ordered one, any idea if you can just clean out the old oil feed pipes, or is a new one a must? cheers

·
Registered
453 Posts
Think you can clean out but you need to remove the wire mesh filter at the bottom of the pipe where it goes into the engine/block, if it has one fitted.
Some people may say fit a new oil pipe but that's up to you :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking for that, the only mesh i can see if around the top of the banjo bolt where the hole is, I was just going to pull it off, put the banjo bolt in the pipe, tighten with a nut and use a pipe and the compressor to blow the pipe out and give it a good wash out in some diesel, I cant see the need for a new pipe if you can clean the old really

·
Registered
453 Posts
I do recommend fitting a new return/drain pipe from the turbo with the heat covering as they do start to "dissolve", get a genuine one though, I didn't and it had a kink in it and the pressure built up excessively and blew the seals apart in the turbo - twice :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts