Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What advice would people have for tuning a 307 1.6 HDI? Mine is the 110bhp version if that helps any :) So far I've been told about a K&N Filter and remap (to 145bhp apparently). Cheers!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

My advice would be to be careful which company you use; the 1.6 HDI is very hard to set up properly, the problem is that without altering a lot of settings within the ECU the car will have surging power, I don't think many tuners have figured this one out yet.

It's also hard to delete the DPF properly without faults 6 months down the line, the turbo precontrol maps must be fully re-calibrated to prevent the turbo from over boosting and destroying it's self. ECUSAFE is a no go on these 1.6 HDI engines.

You've then got the clutch and DMF to take in to account. These can't take much more torque without problems so it's important to set the torque to a sensible level.

We've been developing our 1.6 remaps for quite a long time now and I have to say they're going pretty good. Smooth, no power surges, and the DPF delete not only works but is also safe for the turbo.

These will be available in the next couple of months once we set up our new garage, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

I can post up a dyno plot if you're interested from my 206 1.6 HDI GTI, also we should have a plot for our 307 1.6 HDi some time soon.

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

My advice would be to be careful which company you use; the 1.6 HDI is very hard to set up properly, the problem is that without altering a lot of settings within the ECU the car will have surging power, I don't think many tuners have figured this one out yet.

It's also hard to delete the DPF properly without faults 6 months down the line, the turbo precontrol maps must be fully re-calibrated to prevent the turbo from over boosting and destroying it's self. ECUSAFE is a no go on these 1.6 HDI engines.

You've then got the clutch and DMF to take in to account. These can't take much more torque without problems so it's important to set the torque to a sensible level.

We've been developing our 1.6 remaps for quite a long time now and I have to say they're going pretty good. Smooth, no power surges, and the DPF delete not only works but is also safe for the turbo.

These will be available in the next couple of months once we set up our new garage, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

I can post up a dyno plot if you're interested from my 206 1.6 HDI GTI, also we should have a plot for our 307 1.6 HDi some time soon.

Steve
Cheers for that lad! Would you be able to PM me a rough price to remap a 307 HDi 1.6 please? And if you could post the dyno plot of the 206 it'd be great!

The lad I'd be taking the car to is well known in Ireland for mapping, all sorts of odd stuff from rally cars to jetskis. He says he has worked with 1.6 HDi's before, so seems to know his stuff!

What way does the DPF delete work? Is it something akin to removing the DPF?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

Here's a link to a dyno plot for a sensible stage 1: 206 GTI HDI stage 1 remap

I should have another from our 307 when I get around to it, this one has over 100k compared to 65k on the 206 so it will be interesting to see if there is much deterioration.

As for pricing, I will probably charge £150 for just the remap (if you remove the DPF yourself), and £250 including the DPF removal at our facility. The DPF removal is an awkward job as you have to get the heat shields off and then sometimes even the radiator to allow you to pull it down and out, the DPF canister has brackets for the sensors sticking out the side so it makes it a lot harder.

P.S. Mods, I will be paying for a traders subscription very soon, sorry for advertising...

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
you dont need to take the radiator out on a 307 the pressure sensor in the middle needs to be removed.

the rest can be left on and just disconnected from the pressure sensor

you undo the cover and move it out the way then undo the clamp underneath

1 - 8 of 8 Posts