Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am sorry if this is the wrong place for this!

I had a women who brought a 307 1.6 hdi from a second hand car showroom around portsmouth area. I am not goning to mention there name just in case i could get prosicuted or somthing.. Well anyway she said the car would not go over 70 MPH at all and thought it was in limp mode. Well anyway i took the car for a spin and she was right no matter how much you pushed it would not go over 70. So i linked it up to plannet and it was limied to 70mph so she took it back and said to him and his responsce was..

Yes and the speed limit is 70 whats your problem the car is mine until you pay all of the fianace on it and when thats finished i will unrestrict it for you and up until then its going to stay that way simple as. And i am not having you or anyone else wreck the engine and you not pay your payment and so i am left with no money and a stuffed car.. and also how did you find out about it being limited she said she took it back to peugeout and his repsonce was its MY car so it comes to me for repairs for the first 6 mths as its free. So please dont take the car to anyone else.

Can he do this ???

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Of course not :nono:

The car is sold , if the finance is not paid its the finance companys problem , and anyone with Planet can remove the speed limit unless it has a restrictor fitted ,then any good garage can remove it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
How ridiculous, how can a garage trade like that?

The garage would have been paid via the finance company for your vehicle so they are probably trying to protect themselves from any warranty claims but restricting the car to 70 mph wont stop you thrashing the engine and so pointless!

If it was mine I would insist on unrestrict it or refund me and return the car if this was not written into the contract or made aware prior to the sale.

It is not there car... You purchased it:nod:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts