Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, back again... my 2006 307 1.6 HDi 90 has been playing up as of late, with two problems, but I am unsure if they are linked. First I have been getting the 'Antipollution Fault' message on and off for a few weeks so an EGR is on my list. The last few days the car has been going in and out of limp mode, then last night I got 'Low Oil Pressure' message, and the STOP light came on, and the car died. It struggled to start, but started again and run fine for ten minutes or so before it died in exactly the same manner. Again, a few minutes later it started and ran fine until I got it home. The AA came out and plugged in and got the same EGR codes I had got previously, plus fuel leak codes (probably related to when I was trying to start it with no joy - there is no signs of a fuel leak anywhere). Needless to say the AA man went away scratching his head as usual... you guys here have been far more help than any AA man who has ever been out to my vehicle! Anyway, can anyone tell me where the oil pressure switch is located? I have the replacement part but can't find the darn thing on the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Gaz (Fed up Pug driver)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
EGR or fuel pressure switch will not stop a car starting or running , you need a decent diagnostic done , sounds fuel related .

If the EGR is electrical , turn car off and unplug it to see how it helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It said 'Low Oil Pressure' then cut out slowly. I am positive the Oil Pressure Fault has caused the engine to cut out, I would imagine the car does this to prevent any further damage. I just need to know where the Oil Pressure switch/sensor is at the moment so I can change it to see if it helps. Just flushed and dropped the oil, just waiting to find the sensor! Cheers :)

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the oil filter. Check it for blockage. Seen this before. Usually down to incorrect engine oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Serviced by myself every 6k with 5w30 fully synthetic, tried changing oil and filter, still happening. Happens if I manage to go over 2800 rpm in limp mode...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd be surprised if low oil pressure could cause limp mode. I wonder if it actually means low fuel pressure? Best get scanned for codes...

D

·
0 Posts
Serviced by myself every 6k with 5w30 fully synthetic, tried changing oil and filter, still happening. Happens if I manage to go over 2800 rpm in limp mode...
Make sure the oil filter is fitted correctly also, it can be fitted incorrectly. fitting it incorrectly will put the oil light on.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'd be surprised if low oil pressure could cause limp mode. I wonder if it actually means low fuel pressure? Best get scanned for codes...
"The AA came out and plugged in and got the same EGR codes I had got previously, plus fuel leak codes (probably related to when I was trying to start it with no joy - there is no signs of a fuel leak anywhere). Needless to say the AA man went away scratching his head as usual."

he already did....:thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AA membership is only kept now in case I break down on the motorway... I'd let a pack of chimps fix my car before I let them! Anyhoo...

I only get the 'Oil Pressure Too Low' warning if the car goes in to limp mode and try to force it over 2800 rpm, ie: If I drop a gear and it goes over this threshold... it stops the car, I have to come to a standstill then the car will start straight away... no untoward noises or behaviour other than limp mode and 'Oil...' warning. I am assuming the 'Oil...' warning is being caused by the car basically being forced out of the limp mode allowances? I fitted an oil pressure switch which didn't have any effect.

I am getting the new Valeo EGR valve tomorrow and going to fit it, along with a new air and fuel filter while I have access to that area, and will update as soon as I have fitted!

Regards

Gaz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New EGR valve fitted yesterday, along with air and fuel filters, then cleared the codes. Drives like a new car, done 150 trouble free miles so touch wood...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts