Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help much appreciated. 307 1.6 HDI 110 (DPF)

I topped up my oil a few weeks ago.
Had the car idling today after doing 250 miles and could hear a chugging sound (sort of like a steam engine) such as the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BI5HnuI5-Y

Checked oil level and it was below minimum (not showing on dipstick) :eek: so filled it up. Then also noticed A LOT of oil pooling around the injectors and generally the whole top of the engine. I reckon I've done about 700 miles while low on oil (as usual car says 'oil ok' lol) and there is a very slight tint of blue smoke out of the exhaust. However the chugging noise stopped.

Basically do I have a bad injector seal and does anyone have experience with this type of an oil leak?
Do you reckon running it low on oil has then damaged the engine causing the slight blue smoke?

No service history since I bought it at 99k but ran well etc. I carried out an oil + filter change at 99k Now on 105k. Dipstick end broke off into the engine a while ago, bought a newer version replacement stick for my engine but is about 2-3 inches longer than the original.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yup that's an injector seal had this myself. Oil also can come out where the injector bodies go through the rocker cover. You'll need to replace the seal but must also regrind the injector seat or it will just chuff again. A bit like a dripping tap, you can replace the washer but if you don't make sure the seat is flat then it'll still drip :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup that's an injector seal had this myself. Oil also can come out where the injector bodies go through the rocker cover. You'll need to replace the seal but must also regrind the injector seat or it will just chuff again. A bit like a dripping tap, you can replace the washer but if you don't make sure the seat is flat then it'll still drip :(
Thanks very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts