Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Have owned a 2007 1.6 hdi sw for about 5 years and had the anti pollution fault a couple of times (once in limp mode) but mechanic I use has always managed to clear it or its cleared itself, this time its staying on permanently and a 100 mile motorway trip hasn't done it any good. Its now at the stage where any hill on a road and it struggles, just drove to work doing 40 with foot to the floor on a hill section of motorway, dropping down gears to increase revs hasn't helped at all. It has 96k on the clock. Diagnostics returned error code

P0234 Turbocharger Engine Boost limit exceeded

mechanic reckons it needs turbo replaced, is there anything else I can try before going that route, I did read one guy saying a new battery helped his I know thats a longshot but it is still using the original battery

also sometimes when turning the blower on in the car there's an enginey smell which clears?

Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
There are loads of things that cause antipollution faults but what i will say is this if you dont fix it properly then you WILL need a turbo.

Reading and clearing faults does not help the fault you have is NOT saying your turbo is stuffed it is saying it overboosted and the ecu has shut the boost down to protect the turbo you need LIVE DATA not codes

Does your car have a DPF if so this is where you should be starting checking load in filter fuel cap sensor fluid levels etc etc

Fitting a turbo will not fix this.

·
5,618 Posts
I would look at sticking vanes in turbo as a possible cause. I'm sure someone posted a how to do to clean them on here

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had this same problem for a few months, turned out to be the boost solenoid valve. I took it off and squirted some ACF50 (great stuff) in it,blew it out with an airline and all is now fine. It boosts better than it has for a long time and no more P0234.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts