Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm new here, and looking for some help from you experts. :)

Got my car aprox 6 months ago - and was surprised when I noticed that the whole piping system from the LH headlight to the air filter box is completely missing (see attachment..)

I've searched the web for spares, but I'm unable to find.
Local scrapyards (in sweden) keep telling me they will not sell it separately..

The only noticeable problem I have, is lack of boost under 1800 rpm. As soon as I hit >1800rpm I have full boost at all times - so not sure that has anything to do with missing air pipes?

What are my options?

- Will I notice any difference with fitting new pipes?
- Will it save me from some other problems?

If you have any advice of where I can get these parts, I would be glad to hear.

Thanks
// Joakim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the pipe is there to draw cool air in. so the air near the airbox may get warm so may affect performance. its also there where water normally cant get in

its such a poor design that if the water got near the airbox it would get in anyway

i think the pipes will aid performance. colder air is better

·
Registered
369 Posts
A car scrap yard would be your best bet sure a UK one would sell it as its not really part of a complete engine. A couple of 307 1.6 HDIs in my local yard but not cheap posting from France to Sweden but I doubt he wants a fortune for the bits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments.
Do you have some links to your scrap yards? Then i can contact them and ask for a price..

I hope its free to ask in uk / france as well? ;-)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
When you say they won't sell it separately I would expect that they would sell the parts you need only with the air filter box included rather than as part of a complete engine sale.

Have you asked them what you need to buy to get the parts you need and what price they want. If it is just the pipes and airbox then hopefully it won't be too expensive and probably cheaper and a whole lot easier than trying to source new parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts