Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need help here my fellow pug owners!!!!!

so I bought a car off my brother in law after a new clutch was installed we've had a constant ABS light on the dash and in board trip computer.

so I decided to run diagbox in the car gone no probs with that and found th at both front and sensors are short circuit.

now my problem is I have no info on the abs or what voltage should be or resistance and the sensor absolutely nothing

where shall I start? or are there any common problems on these? If so how do I resolve the issue with abs

please help me (I've got permanent ear ache off the mrs)

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Really need help here my fellow pug owners!!!!!

so I bought a car off my brother in law after a new clutch was installed we've had a constant ABS light on the dash and in board trip computer.

so I decided to run diagbox in the car gone no probs with that and found th at both front and sensors are short circuit.

now my problem is I have no info on the abs or what voltage should be or resistance and the sensor absolutely nothing

where shall I start? or are there any common problems on these? If so how do I resolve the issue with abs

please help me (I've got permanent ear ache off the mrs)

thanks in advance.
Just change the sensors.
You can get 2 for less than £10 on Ebay.
Most likely the sensors got hit when they reinstalled the drive shafts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a go mate, not got much to loose already lost my Abs haha is there anything I need to know about changing them out other then the obvious disconnect battery and a nice coating of wd40 on anything rusty? Do they have rings to change aswell?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'll give it a go mate, not got much to loose already lost my Abs haha is there anything I need to know about changing them out other then the obvious disconnect battery and a nice coating of wd40 on anything rusty?
You dont need to disconnect the battery.
They are usually a bitch to remove because they always brake.
I brake them on purpose and drill the bit out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give it ago matey, any work carried out that has any electrical connection linked I disconnect battery as precautions just a trait I was taught, also do they need gapping or do they have rings like the rear sensors that I should change or check while I'm in there?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'll give it ago matey, any work carried out that has any electrical connection linked I disconnect battery as precautions just a trait I was taught, also do they need gapping or do they have rings like the rear sensors that I should change or check while I'm in there?
Just disconnect the sensor. Disconnecting the battery can give a lot of other anoying issues. But if it makes you comfortable just disconnect it.
The ring is in the bearing. They are hardly ever the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sound, I'll have a little look maybe check for rust etc but thanks for all your advice I'll be back up soon to keep people updated.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
The rear sensors, on my 307 anyway, can suffer with rust under the mounting flange which causes the sensor to move away from the target. Removal, clearing the rust and shimming is the fix ensuring the gap is 1mm. In fact I have that problem at this time and with the MOT coming up in a fortnight

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rear sensors, on my 307 anyway, can suffer with rust under the mounting flange which causes the sensor to move away from the target. Removal, clearing the rust and shimming is the fix ensuring the gap is 1mm. In fact I have that problem at this time and with the MOT coming up in a fortnight
Ironic you say about rust and the sensors moving, as last night I went out and decided to clean under and around sensors and then put it back on diagbox and found I have no speed reading on drivers side wheel, so either sensors or ring broken I await the outcome and I 100% know it's the front sensors and been confirmed by diagbox and also purchased a relay box for the short on the left hand side the relay box is a black box that sit at outside the fuse box. I have a suspicion that's my open circuit /short.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perhaps I better check the fronts then as I am accusing the rear left as that was the culprit last time!

I see you have a very similar problem too myself, if you've corrected the fault with the rear sensor, i suggest that rear one would be the last one to break, I had a feeling after doing my clutch that it'll be the front as they was exposed for 2/3 days, is there no one local to your self on here to get a reading from The car, the version of diagbox I use has both CAN and VAN options.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
They have not broke per se but are not in the correct position so that the sensor can work correctly. So before buying new sensors check all the gaps is my advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts