Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling my hair out now, I've found that the vacuum controlled valve under the turbo is not working (not sure what it's called), I've tried following the thin vacuum pipe that comes off it but it seems to disappear into the middle of the engine and I can't follow it.

Is the unit that controls this vacuum called the turbo solenoid or something else.

It's seriously doing my head in as I know where the fault is but can't find the source.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the car up and found nothing from underneath, removed the battery tray and can find nothing there.

I was told previously above the passenger side so that's where I've been looking, got the battery tray out and everything.

So it is driver side then? Will it look like this pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Above the drivers side driveshaft. The solenoid is brown or black in colour.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Right, on my other thread you said it was above the "right hand" driveshaft what ever that means, I must've confused that and another thread because somebody on there said that the "right hand" drive shaft was the passenger side (makes sense, right hand as you look at the car) but his was the 2.0hdi.

Now I finally know perhaps I can find it.

I'd rather stick to passenger and driver side, left and right is just confusing.

D

·
0 Posts
What side of the car do you drive at?
The valve is fitted half way up the engine at the back above the RIGHT hand shaft that attaches the wheel to the gearbox.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Right, on my other thread you said it was above the "right hand" driveshaft what ever that means, I must've confused that and another thread because somebody on there said that the "right hand" drive shaft was the passenger side (makes sense, right hand as you look at the car) but his was the 2.0hdi.

Now I finally know perhaps I can find it.

I'd rather stick to passenger and driver side, left and right is just confusing.
Assuming the solenoid is above the right side drive shaft - the right side being on the right as you sit in the car facing forwards then in a right hand drive car it would be on the drivers side BUT in a left hand drive car, it would be on the passenger side. Therefore, using drivers side or passenger side can be just as confusing as using left side & right side :)

My guess is that the right side drive shaft is the drive shaft which is on the right when looking forwards through the windscreen.

·
11,766 Posts
I can see where he's coming from. Even Haynes contradict themselves - they talk of one item being on the right hand side if you're sat in the driver's seat, but in another part they talk about the right hand side if you're stood facing the engine.

So the battery in that case is on the right hand side!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What side is the right hand side of the car? :banghead:
I give up.
Go to a garage and put car on a lift.
Cool it with the attitude!

Yes I found it now but what is the point in using the term left and right side on a car, right hand side is the driver side if you're driving but if you're stood in front of it trying to fix the bastard then it's the passenger side.

That's why the term o/s and n/s or sriver side and passenger side are more appropriate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is my house door on the left or right?
I bet most people would say on the left because it is when you look at it but hey wait a minute, is it on the right because it is when you sit in it!?!
Duuhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Cool it with the attitude!

Yes I found it now but what is the point in using the term left and right side on a car, right hand side is the driver side if you're driving but if you're stood in front of it trying to fix the bastard then it's the passenger side.

That's why the term o/s and n/s or sriver side and passenger side are more appropriate.
I kind of agree with you but drivers side is different on right hand drive cars too left hand drive cars.

It is easy to assume that you are talking about a right hand drive car but there are members of the forum who drive left hand drive cars so unless it is stated which car you have it is difficult to be specific. Also, just because your location is in a country that drives on the left side of the road that doesn't always mean the car is right hand drive as there are some people who drive imported vehicles.

It's also not necessarily so that replies have attitude. Written text has no inflection or tonal intonation to differentiate between a jovial retort or an exasperated reply with as you put it 'attitude'. What one person sees as blatantly obvious another will struggle to comprehend.

Getting angry with someone for their reply will likely deter them from attempting to assist in the future and davidireland is someone who is well placed to be able to assist in almost any future problem you or anyone else is likely to encounter considering he is a Peugeot Master Technician (Yes I know how sad I am, reading members signatures).

D

·
0 Posts
Is my house door on the left or right?
I bet most people would say on the left because it is when you look at it but hey wait a minute, is it on the right because it is when you sit in it!?!
Duuhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
So your car is left hand drive if you look at it and its right hand drive if you sit in it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So your car is left hand drive if you look at it and its right hand drive if you sit in it!
A car is classed as left hand drive or right hand drive as you sit in it obviously.

I have found the solenoid now and I don't want to dwell on it as I do appreciate the advice but to me if you say right hand side of engine I assume it's looking at the engine bay, that's where you are stood when fixing an engine, right hand side when driving is obviously the other side.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts