Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin purchased a 307 1.6HDi as a bit of a project, its a 2006 110 out of Copart for £700 with just under 100k miles

So far the turbo has been fixed, a new core off a UK based seller who offered a 1 year warranty, as well as all the things the document says to check ie banjo bolts, oil feed pipe all cleaned.

We got the car running up the road today, but it felt flat and lacked power, no messages up on the screen but my cousin recalled the variable vane assembly was broke and underestimated its importance, so off came the front end and turbo, to find that two bits of the variable vane thing were not present so that part has been ordered.

While the new turbo was sitting in the car, i put my finger on the intake side propellor and there was a bit of movement in it, should there be? does the oil pressure take up the slack?

The question i have is, can the emissions stuff be removed, i want to blank off the EGR valve, do a decat, and remove the FAP, i have a pp2000 but would removing the FAP require a remap? Would doing this perhaps help increase the lifespan of the new turbo core?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update

I got a seller on ebay that takes the original map file and removes the DPF bit, it cost £75 but it did work. I used a Galetto 1260 to read and write the files.

Then all the settings related to the FAP were turned off.

The Fap was completely bashed out, the EGR blanked, a new oil feed pipe purchased and there was some more teething problems, the boost didn't kick in until after 3000rpm then it went back into limp mode.

A new boost controller was purchased and the MAF sensor contacts cleaned, faults cleared and the car is driving nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts