Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Is there anyone out there who owns a 307 1.6 Auto with a Tiptronic gearbox.
I am having problems with Peugeot as my car stays in 3rd gear in "sports mode" at 80mph with no acceleration. even if you decrease the speed to 70mph the car remains in 3rd gear. I have driven 4 other Peugeots (307s, 207s)with tiptronic boxes and all of them changed into 4th gear at 55mph when no longer accelerating. Peugeot maintain that this is normal operation but will not confirm this in writing. If anyone can help by testing the sports mode at 55mph to see if your car changes into 4th gear I would very grateful to hear from you.

Liggy

·
Registered
4 Posts
307 1.6s Auto

I own this very model and have the auto 'Porsche' tiptronic gearbox. I dont use the sport mode very often but will try it at the weekend and let you know. Have you had any other issues with the gearbox ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how did you get on?
please test when travelling at a steady speed (70mph) with sportsmode activated in the "D" position. you can check which gear the car is in by moving the gear stick accross to the manual position.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gearbox test 307 Auto

I have tried my 307 in sports mode and found that when accelarating away from a roundabout and on reaching 55 mph it holds 3rd gear for about 5 seconds then as you ease off the accelerator it changes up to 4th gear.
At 70 mph it is in 4th gear.
I also tried it at 60 mph for a while and it did hold third gear for longer before changing up to 4th. But ultimately it always changes up to 4th.
Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts