Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My pug 307 has started to cut out when I stop. Not all the time but at least once on any journey, mostly at lights and junctions. No warning lights no nothing the engine just stops. It restarts ok first time too. The idle is getting poor as well and I can hear a slight tick like a tappet.

I haven't a clue where to start looking, I'm going to do an oil and filter change but that's about all I can think of doing.

Haven't had it on any comp to get any error codes just wondered if anyone has any idea what it might be.

Ta

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Is it petrol or diesel ?

My 307 had poor idling and when noving off from stationary there seemed like a bit of a dead spot where it felt and sounded like it wasn't revving up then all of a sudden a little surge and eveything back to normal. This was a diesel and a can of wyns egr cleaner sorted it out. There were no fault codes and live data that I could tell was ok. May be the same with yours though getting a diagnostic won't do any harm. Plenty of members have the correct Peugeot diagnostic kit and are prepared to do a diagnostic for a small remuneration.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/#post459593

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The most common cause for bad idle is air leaking into the intake system. Check all pipes for cracks/air tightness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

Its a petrol.

I've Wynn's injector cleaner in it to see if that helps.

I've got some new oil and filter coming.

Checked the coils and plugs yesterday, all seemed ok !!.

I have the battery out now giving it a full charge and I've ordered a cheap code reader of eBay see if I can get any error codes.

Its weird cause it doesn't happen at ever stop !!

Its p!ssing me off that's for sure.

I'm in Darlington.......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've ordered a cheap code reader of eBay see if I can get any error codes.
It's worth noting that generic readers aren't the best at reading the ECU's, they don't always give the full picture. That's why the PP2000 and Diagbox software is highly recommended.

However, they can point you in the right direction. Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Small air leaks will not throw up codes, you will need live data [and tech know-how] to determine if it is sucking in non-metered air.

Alternatively, you can get the intake system smoke tested for leaks or you can use ethyl ether [quick start fluid] target sprayed around the intake system to see if you get an increase in idle speed.

Cheap ebay fault code readers can [and will] send you off down the wrong track so treat any data from them with suspicion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts