Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with fixing an oil pressure warning problem on a 307 1.6 110 hdi?

The car's last oil flush & change was end of October last year. Since December I have been getting occasional flashes of the stop light and a low oil pressure warning.

The warning will show up for a second or so then disappear. Sometimes it doesn't show for a week or more then sometimes several flashes in one journey. The warnign never shows when stationary only when moving with rengine revs around 2000rpm

The local garage can't find a problem. I have changed the oil filter for a genuine Peugeot one and checked with the garage that did the oil change that they used the right oil.

Threads on these forums say that the oil pressure should be checked with a gauge plugged in where the oil switch goes but on these engines the switch is on the front behind the alternator & the garage says they won't be able to start the engine once they get access to the switch.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or tell me what to do next?

·
11,766 Posts
The sensors are not infallible - your oil can be showing fine on the dipstick yet the dash display could be way off - so I'd probably just swap out the sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts