Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Recently I'm having trouble with the old 2002 1.4i petrol 307. The car is generally down on power and up on fuel consumption. On acceleration I can feel hesitation during the low rev range. Often when I'm moving off when I change into second gear, release the clutch and have absolutely no power at all with foot down all the way. It feels like no fuel or no spark till I dip the clutch and rev it out a bit.

I've changed a lot of parts and sensors with no real solution.

Anyone had the same problem?

Wits end!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi

Recently I'm having trouble with the old 2002 1.4i petrol 307. The car is generally down on power and up on fuel consumption. On acceleration I can feel hesitation during the low rev range. Often when I'm moving off when I change into second gear, release the clutch and have absolutely no power at all with foot down all the way. It feels like no fuel or no spark till I dip the clutch and rev it out a bit.

I've changed a lot of parts and sensors with no real solution.

Anyone had the same problem?

Wits end!!!
Having a similar problem with mine.

I come to a junction, pull away in 1st, rev to about 3k, change to 2nd and I have to floor it. I get absolutely no where until I dip a little and rev. Thought this was normal?

Also getting problems with power in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. The car pulls fine and then stops pulling for a few seconds and then pulls again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats two of us singing from the same hymn sheet so there must be others. Hopefully someone has sorted this one out and replies!

Have you tried anything to solve it yet?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well thats two of us singing from the same hymn sheet so there must be others. Hopefully someone has sorted this one out and replies!

Have you tried anything to solve it yet?
Hope so, I recently did a very economical motorway trip, managed 80 miles from £10 + the tiny little bit in the tank when I filled it.
So my first initial guess was it dragged dirt into the fuel filter and that's cause the problem with it occasionally losing power. But I filled the tank last weekend and it's done it a couple of times this week. As for the 2nd gear problem, that could just be because it's a 1.4. I'm not sure.

Saying all this, it only did it twice on Monday and not done it since. So I'm hoping it's fixed itself or whatever it is.

I did a Diagnostic test Wednesday and got;

Temporary Fault - "Integrated Ignition Phase Detected"

Not sure what this means at all.

Have you let the tank come close to running dry lately or anything?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope so, I recently did a very economical motorway trip, managed 80 miles from £10 + the tiny little bit in the tank when I filled it.
So my first initial guess was it dragged dirt into the fuel filter and that's cause the problem with it occasionally losing power. But I filled the tank last weekend and it's done it a couple of times this week. As for the 2nd gear problem, that could just be because it's a 1.4. I'm not sure.

Saying all this, it only did it twice on Monday and not done it since. So I'm hoping it's fixed itself or whatever it is.

I did a Diagnostic test Wednesday and got;

Temporary Fault - "Integrated Ignition Phase Detected"

Not sure what this means at all.

Have you let the tank come close to running dry lately or anything?
Not lately no.

I looked up about the "Ignition Phase" thing and there's chat about incorrect coil packs. Apparently there's some special addition to the coil pack that the engine uses to determine cylinder firing and only a brand called Bougicord has this phase detection feature. Seems legit so I'll do more research.

Ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I could be on the right track? My coil pack is a Valeo. Is it likely that thats my problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts