Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im having problems with my 2003 307 1.4hdi. When driving the car is stalling and cutting out as if it is running out of fuel. When its in neutral or the clutchis engaged then the engine will rev up tidy but when moving in gear it will e a bit then jump about. Im having the fault codes
P0342
P0500
U1118
P0337
P0336
I know they all relate to camshaft/crankshaft etc but cannot seem to find whats causing the problems. Ive checked wiring and cant see nothing. Anyone ever come across this before or could shed light on this for me? Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would try changing the fuel filter. Its only about £15 to buy and only takes 20 mins to fit. In neutral, there is no load on the engine, so it will idle with only a dribble of fuel. Once any load is put on the engine, a blocked filter can't deliver enough fuel.

Not sure what the fault codes are, but they may relate to something in the past history

D

·
0 Posts
I would try changing the fuel filter. Its only about £15 to buy and only takes 20 mins to fit. In neutral, there is no load on the engine, so it will idle with only a dribble of fuel. Once any load is put on the engine, a blocked filter can't deliver enough fuel.

Not sure what the fault codes are, but they may relate to something in the past history
Fuel pressure problems will throw in fuel pressure faults. As above there are none of those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for the quick responce. The gearbox was changed around 10 months ago but ive had no problems up until now. The codes came up when the vehicle was stalling (im guessing the jerkyness of the engine caused it). Ive eresed them and they have gone now. Ive taken it for a little run up and down the street and its still the same. The fuel is pretty low so im guessing it could have sucked up things from the bottom of the tank so i will change the filter tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts