Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hopefully one of you can help?

I'm trying to repair a 307 for a friend, it's a 1.4 petrol, when I came to see it, it wasn't able to start, the battery seems fine and the engine turns over. When I scanned it, it was displaying 3 fault codes regarding the camshaft position sensor.

So far, I have changed the camshaft position sensor, new oil and oil filter, cleaned the timing solenoid. And the car still wouldn't fire. Then it's displaying new codes.

The new codes, pertaining to throttle position sensors, so had both out (pedal and throttle) both test ok, showing changing resistance and free movement. Reassemble and scan again as it still won't fire even with easy start.

More new codes...
P1622
P0223
P0228
P1158
P1161
P0123 and
P0341 again...

At this point I'm calling the car a lemon. Maybe the wiring harness? ECU?

Tested all fuses and connectors (within reason/reach), everything looks ok or as ok as it would on a 05 plate car, no obvious defects...

Anyone experience anything similar? Or have any other ideas? (Other then retirement to the scrap yard)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Be warned when you have a non start situation like this, cranking the engine over for a longer time then normal will store false codes.

The ECU is expecting to see the engine start & run, when it doesn't it will think something is wrong & flag codes for coil & injector misfires.

Clear all the codes, check everything mechanically is sound, then try & start it again - dont crank it to long, see what codes come back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Thanks for the replies,

I will try the beep test, does the door need to be closed when trying to start? As I noticed it wasn't making any beeping when I tried but didn't ever close the door as had no need to get in the car. But it's worth checking I guess.

The cambelt looks in good condition, and the engine turns over and sounds like it's trying to fire occasionally..

As for the list of codes, that's what I got after clearing all the codes and having a coffee.. then praying to the gods of French cars that a blast of easy start will do it, after it turned over a couple of times I decided to take a fresh read and call it a day, never had any ignition/misfire codes though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts