Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 54 plate 307 1.4 which had no problems that the owner was aware of (apparently) anyway after owning the car for 3 weeks my engine oil pressure light came on with the error message...I carroed on driving the car with no problems...then a few days later the same message appeared with the red stop light so I phoned the mechanic who took the car to look over, I paid a lot of money out and the car was there over a week and he reckoned it was an oil leak causing the problem. I picked up the car yesterday and he claimed it was all sorted and that I shouldn't have another problem. Anyway when I was driving about today the message started coming on again! I now don't know what to do? I don't have money to keep fixing the same problem :( any advice or tips would be great I am now petrified to drive the car anyway in case anything happens.

C

·
0 Posts
Why not go back to mechanic if he's any good or got any pride in his work he should fix it!!

It's possible it could just be a duff sensor (seen it on a citroen recently) I'd change the sensor and give it a oil a oil filter change to see if that sorts it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but he's on holiday for the next fortnight!

It's only coming on when I am going down a hill or don't have enough revs on. But it's still often enough for me to not want to drive the car :-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts