Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody confirm where the thermostat is on the 1.4 hdi. I have a Haynes manual and according to it the 1.4 and 1.6 diesel are where thermostats were years ago, in the outlet bowl at the top of the head where the top hose fitted. Now looking at the engine on the left end (gearbox) is a housing(plastic I think) that has both top and bottom hose feeds in it plus the coolant sensor. I have already changed the cooling sensor by the way but reckon the stat is stuck open as it takes ages for the gauge to register and both pipes get warm at the same time.Looking again at the Haynes the housing looks like what is fitted to the 2.0L diesels. So I am confused.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I decided to remove the plastic manifold and lo and behold there is a thermostat in there. Bit awkward to remove and plastic pipes and funny clips but it came off in one piece. So the Haynes is wrong!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Years ago when they actually stripped the vehicle and reported the findings they were good and reliable. But as time went on and they became popular the info started to become generic and in some cases worthless.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Yes that is correct i think the main thing is copyright and liabilities to third parties following the advice and authors getting sued for damages etc.

They are a victim of our little america blame culture so everything is played safe to avoid problems.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used the car this morning to go to the local market about 15 mins drive at 30 limit. It warmed up nicely and by the time we had done the return journey with an elapsed time of 1 hour(including the shopping and about 5 miles in total) the gauge had reached a satisfying 80 on the gauge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts