Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new here so be nice.

Iv just got this car and when I accelerate it seems to rattle I think that seems like the best description for
it. I will post link to video I took of it see if anyone can help me identify it.

I have read about injectors and about how the noise should stop after 3200 rpm and it does stop above that I think but gets abit quieter before that. Just to give u all a bit of back ground the car was owned from new by my grandad before I got it. Its done 55k miles been serviced regularly but never used that much and not for long journeys. I have had It ot for a blast andbit as serviced last month and just passed an mot yesterday.

U can hear the noise most at about 2000 rpm as u can see in video sound fine standing still revving it.

https://youtube.com/watch?persist_app=1&v=W8q8ueLXzvg&app=m

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've had this for the last 40,000 miles... Stops bang on 3k rpm.

Also on a 307 1.4hdi, now on 139,000 miles :)

I've always believed it was a sticky hydraulic lifter, It hasn't caused me any issues so I just left it.

If you find it to be something different, I'd love to hear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm strange. I remember a good 3yr ago I drove it to the mot centre for my grandad and it made the noise then. Its just abit annoying when u drive it every day so thought id try figure it out

·
Registered
287 Posts
mine rattles, or rather taps when cold but disapears once warm.

but then sometimes it reapears under light load and oges away under heavy load.

ive ran waynnes hydrailic snake oil, recently had fresh oil still does it but not so bad.

i also have a different rattle that starts after 3k RPM/

i stopped caring about the noises.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to stick some wynns hydraulic lift cleaner and the diesel cleaner on Thursday see what happens.

Yeah I might just turn the radio up more if still does it apart from that car is in good nick.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Video was not clear. You would be better off posting a video of 2-3 mins under the bonnet. That way we can have a good listen.

From the 30 secs video, your turbo does sound pretty loud

Adam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adam as stated in original post it does not make a sound when standing still and running even when revving. So for my particular problem not sure if that would help. As for the turbo what u mean quite I had a 2.0 406 hdi before this and that turbo was not load and this one is smaller lol.

Thanks callum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts