Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,went to have quick look friends car today. its aquired bit of back pressure as of late and last few days/week its been using excessive oil. its smoking very bad and is grey/blue so i presume its burning oil. its 110k on clock,noissy hydraulics. i am a bit concerned as the smoking is quite bad and at first i thought stem oil seals,but maybe something bit more serious. power is still there and turbo seems fine. he has had a drake2 box fitted several months ago,dunno if contributed to anything or not but definately burning oil, any advice appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,seems very little play in shaft. i am suspect now on turbo as this exessive oil burning and smoke has almost happened very quickly over couple days. thanks

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
Sounds like turbo seals are leaking oil into the intake but this might only be the begining of problem

no easy fixes on these engines im afraid its an uphill battle once you start !

·
Registered
81 Posts
hi mate thanks for reply do i set about changein turbo there is a small oil leak stud infront of car facin it on the left hand side of tubo. turbo is still workin fine when i drive it does not miss or anything like that just alot of smoke no smoke on tic over if that helps need my car fixin asap
cheers to all who help any is better then none thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts