Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a newbie here and have a problem ,Ive recently purchased a 03 307 1.4 8v as a project repair for my partner as she is learning to drive {so plenty of time to prepare} problem is gear selector not functioning just flopping around ,I can manually select gears under the bonnet grasping gear selector levers ,question is do the cables stretch or prone to become detached ect also are the selector cables different for say 1.4 16v models or will they fit as a replacement ?I have not managed to locate the gearbox code just incase its a worst senario gearbox change as since i got it i have not been able to test drive due to the fault ,Hopesomeone here can shed some light on my problems ? thanks kev. ps: forgot to mention its obviously a 5speed manual .

·
Registered
375 Posts
sound like the ball on the bottom of the gear stick is worn take the cover off what is over it and have a look if that ok the change the cables

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sound like the ball on the bottom of the gear stick is worn take the cover off what is over it and have a look if that ok the change the cables
Hi thanks for reply , pulled the cover up and can see the ball but nothing obvious , when I move the stick around its limited and not doing any tight movements as if to engage gears just like moving around in neutral feeling ! I had my partner sit in car and go through the motions while i viewed the gear levers but they are not moving the forks as if disconnected ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts