Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm hoping somebody can help me with this problem with my 307. At idle the revs are jumping between 800 and 1200 rpm. Last week i replaced the oxygen sensor because the anti pollution fault warning was on. I've had a diagnostic scan done and it came up as camshaft sensor over advanced/retarded....does it need a new sensor and can i fit it myself! Hope some of you guys can help me out, thanks a lot, paul.

·
Registered
960 Posts
hi paul...

firsty the anti pollution warning could be because of anything.. normally when it comes on, it should go off after three cycles. If this is happening then its deffo the oxygen sensor..

if its not going after three cycles then its something else.. the engine anti-pollution warning is a nasty one and instead of changing this and that.. its always wise and advisable to go to the dealer.. on average it would cost your £40 to £60 dearer but you will find that its less hassle and works a treat..

did the oxygen sensor fix it for you ?

the camshaft sensor is very reliable and rarely fails.. have you checked the fault code on Peugeot PSA or other OBD2 device ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Scotcruz,
Thanks for your help on this one. When the oxygen sensor was fitted the fault was cancelled by an obd scanner. The engine management and anti pollution lamps came back on 4 days later and this time when it was scanned a camshaft sensor fault showed. I was just hoping that maybe the variation in revs on idle may mean something.....thanx again mate, Paul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Scotcruz
Thanks for your help on this one.When the oxygen sensor was fitted the fault was cancelled by an obd scanner. The engine management and anti pollution lamps came back on 4 days later and this time when it was scanned a camshaft sensor fault showed. I was just hoping that the variation in revs on idle may mean something.....thanx again mate, Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts