Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Bought a 307 with one slight issue, Took to the car for a drive last night and found both front wheels have slight movement in them when rocking the wheel itself from side to side. Ball joints checked and track rod ends all seems fine, Is it possible it could be the wheels bearings themselves causing the wheels to have a slight wobble to them?

Many Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wheel bearing will show up whether you rock the wheel left to right or north to south. Could be the steering rack but not he track rod ends

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jack it up and get someone to sit inside and hold the steering wheel steady and then rock the drive wheel from side to side if it still moves and definitely no movement in the track rod ends this could be the fault, after that take to a garage and get them to confirm it, then decide what to do next, new rack, recon rack or refurb yourself.
What kind of miles are on the car?
I had a 306 gti6 with 120000 on it when it needed replacing but have a 206 hdi gti with 135000 that's absolutely fine !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you again for taking the time to reply, Its currently got 90000, Wheels been off and no movement in the ball joints or track rods ends. It's silent nearly on smooth roads but on back streets sounds aweful. Sorry can't be more specific on the noise, This is my first car only passed on 10/12/14 :)

·
5,669 Posts
Was there any play in inner tie-rods ?

Check lower arm bushes, drop links and top mount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the car looked over again and looks like its the tie rod joints failed on both sides, Ordering to parts and we'll see, I'll check your other suggestions to be sure, Thanks again guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts