Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got some second hand alloy wheels for my 307. They are 16" rims and the steel ones I'm replacing are 15".
I'm not sure if I will need different wheel bolts for the alloys
I have already fitted the alloy wheels and tightened to 90mn with the wheel bolts used for the steel rims and took on short test drive and all seems fine but really would appreciate if any one could clarify Many thanks

·
6,304 Posts
You need specific wheel bolts for peugeot alloy wheels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
3,026 Posts
Hi.....I would have a look at how much thread is showing if you put a bolt in the steel wheel before fitting then compere it while putting it in one of the alloy wheels,I think they will be too short for alloy wheels..also compere the bolt seat in both wheels,the alloy one may be flat and the steel concave...Check carefully..

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Steel wheel bolts will wreck your wheels IF they are original peugeot wheels they need proper peugeot citroen bolts

If they are aftermarket wheels then the steel wheel bolts are fine.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My wife's 307 has alloy wheels but a steel spare. This is how it was delivered new. I have fitted the spare a couple of times after punctures, the wheel bolted right up with the same bolts used for the alloy wheel.

Roger.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Thanks all:) I hope I haven't damaged wheels I'll get the proper Peugeot bolts before I drive it again

·
6,304 Posts
My wife's 307 has alloy wheels but a steel spare. This is how it was delivered new. I have fitted the spare a couple of times after punctures, the wheel bolted right up with the same bolts used for the alloy wheel.

Roger.
They do but the steel mounts on the taper on the bolt the alloys mount on the shoulder and washer on the bolt

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Peugeot original alloys need peugeot alloy bolts but peugeot alloy wheel bolts can indeed be used with steel wheels as they are designed to fit both so that they can use a steel spare as they are cheaper !

If the OP has peugeot original alloys he MUST use alloy bolts simple as that.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
WRONG peugeot alloy bolts are peugeot specific IE the flat shoulder you mention i sell loads of them to people replacing their crap lockers !

The bolts in your pic are fine for AFTERMARKET alloys not original peugeot or citroen alloys

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Peugeot-alloy-wheel-bolts/323381312115?hash=item4b4b073a73:g:rDAAAOSw5KdbZZxL&LH_ItemCondition=3000
Dd I not say just that, that Peugeot alloys use flat ones but afterrnarket ones might use conical/spherical? :confused:

"all (AFAIK) Peugeot OEM alloy rims all use a flat shoulder"

"aftermarket alloy rims might use a sherical (rounded) shoulder/seat or conical (angled)"

Perhaps I should also have included a pic of a flat seat bolt, but I thought I was pretty clear...

Ah, rereading your post, I see I lost the fact "must use alloy bolts" was tied to Peugeot specific rims/bolts, and my mind went too generic... :eek:
Agreed, Pug alloys -> flat bolts, aftermarket alloys -> check what seat they've got:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put Peugeot bolts for alloy wheels and all seems ok torque of 90mn seems low to me but I left it at that
When i took the steel wheel bolts out to replace with the alloy wheel bolts I did notice a few small splinters of metal which i presume was alloy, so glad I checked on here and changed the bolts before driving
Thanks you all again for the replys

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed the steel wheel bolts for the alloy wheel bolts when I took the steel wheel bolts out to replace with the alloy bolts I noticed some small shards of metal, which i presume was alloy. I'm glad I checked on here before driving more than two miles.
Thank you all for your replies

1 - 14 of 14 Posts