Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading this, I've been looking at Eurocarparts for replacing my discs and pads front and rear but there seems to what looks like quite a difference in the specifications on size alone. I was wondering if you could advise is this a major issue or just due to manufacturer being slightly different but they'll all still fit?

Bosch Brake Disc Front: Diameter 283mm £33.54
Mintex Brake Disc Front: Diameter 266mm £50.58

Bosch: Brake Disc Thickness: 26.0mm
Mintex Brake Disc Thickness: 22.0mm

Or is it me just looking into things to much? Also the brakes pads seem to have different heights?

Bosch Front Pads Height Front: 57.4 or Same brand at 51.6
Bosch Front Pads Height Rear: 53.0 or Same brand at 46.8

Many Thanks for reading all this, Chris

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It all depends on the size of discs already fitted. If you have 266mm discs then you will need to buy 266mm discs to replace them or the calipers will not fit. The smaller sized pads will be for the smaller discs. You need to know what is already fitted.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
PRODUCT TYPE CAR
COMMERCIAL MARQUE/COMPONENT TYPE PEUGEOT
VEHICLE FAMILY 307
SILHOUETTE 3 DOOR SALOON
TRIM LEVEL XS
ENGINE INJECTION ET3J4
TRANSMISSION BVM5
PAINT TYPE METALLIC PAINTWORK
BODY COLOUR EGE - CHINA BLUE PAINT
INTERIOR TRIM TYPE PALASSARI CLOTH + "MU" EFKA
UPHOLSTERY COLOUR "FX"
GEARBOX (CHARACTERISTICS) BVM MA5 / L
ENGINE (TYPE) ENGINE TYPE ET

Front Discs 266mm

Rear discs 249mm BUT it could have a rear disc complete with hub & bearing or a seperate disc without hub & bearing. That you will have to check. If the rear discs have two screws in between the wheel studs then its without hub & bearing.

Discs without hub is item 1 - with hub & bearing is item 2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much I sincerely appreciate you finding that information for me, I can now go and buy the correct discs. I'll check the rears when I get home too. I was going to buy the cheaper Bosch ones but glad I didn't now!

Thank you again! Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll tape measure tonight and get the parts ordered ready for pick up tomorrow. Not going to fit them till I get a couple of days off just incase I mess up which is at the end of the month, Just wanted the parts ready to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts