Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just thought I would ask here for some advice.

I have a 306 XUD which I have had for 13 trouble free years but it is being sold at the weekend. My rev counter hasn't worked for 3 years but I thought I would check it out before selling the car.

The rev counter works for the first 5 mins every day, then its a bit up and down for 30 seconds then thats it - nothing working until the next day....:confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone, just thought I would ask here for some advice.

I have a 306 XUD which I have had for 13 trouble free years but it is being sold at the weekend. My rev counter hasn't worked for 3 years but I thought I would check it out before selling the car.

The rev counter works for the first 5 mins every day, then its a bit up and down for 30 seconds then thats it - nothing working until the next day....:confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Could need the sensor cleaning or replacing. On my old 306 it didnt work when I bought it, new sensor and worked ever since :).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I had a hunch it was the connector but I can't find it. I unplugged one on the bell housing but the rev counter was still working - it didn't drop when I unplugged it I mean. Is there a hidden one somewhere?

·
5,071 Posts
its most likely the sensor on the gearbox (the one you couldnt find) thats what it was on our old 206 and the 306 did the same, it would work sometimes but not others.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its most likely the sensor on the gearbox (the one you couldnt find) thats what it was on our old 206 and the 306 did the same, it would work sometimes but not others.
This is the one I replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts