Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

This is my first post about my first car.

I have an L reg Peugeot 306 1.9 XTDT. When I bought it, it had the following faults:

• Electric mirrors not working
  • Passenger side electric window only works from drivers side
  • Central locking bounces straight open, so had to remove fuse and lock with key
  • Immobiliser sometimes takes a few mins to deactivate
The seller said all these faults were caused by faulty wiring in the drivers side door loom. You can visibly see some of the wries have sheered and others deteriorated.

I am unable to find a garage who will touch the wiring on a car that old.

My biggest concern is the immobiliser. Sometimes it takes upto half an hour of putting the key in and out of the ignition before the car wiill start. I have to wait for the indicators to flash then I know it is going to start.

I have read about the box under the back passenger seat, and the small button on the right of the steering wheel, but neither of these reset it. I just have to wait until it decides to go.

Is there any way I can completely disarm the immobiliser? I'm not bothered about the other faults for now. Is it worth replacing the battery in the key, or does that only apply to the central locking.

Greatful for any advice.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive read you follow the wires from the little black box (black wires) to where they intercept and it should be pretty simple from there.

apparently they intercept the ignition and fuel circuits

1 - 3 of 3 Posts