Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

I have a '95 Pug 306 XR (Phase 1).

For a little while now i haven't been able to use my remote central locking - well, i can lock with the remote, but is more hassle than its worth to unlock because when i do that the indicators are meant to flash in sequence a few times... Mine are different. The left one flashes as it should, yet the right hand one does what i can only describe as "Stick".

It doesn't flash in time with the other and 99% of the time ends up staying on (just constant on, on the outside and on the dash) and there is NO way of turning it off apart from locking and unlocking and hoping it sticks "off" not "on".

Would any of you guys happen to know what part i need to replace for this? Hopefully it's not too expensive. Im completely lost as to what it could be - i want my RCL back!!

I'm new here so thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Take care

Chris ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi Chris! and welcome. So if i understand correctly, it NEVER unlocks? or it unlocks sometimes? Maybe the remote isn't sychonizing with the car's signal.
I think an easy way out would be to buy a cheap alarm system for like $100 and put that on. That'll control the locking/unlocking of the car along witht he alarm. This isn't the right solution, but i've never seen this happen. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i didnt write that so well...

the actual locking mechanism is fine, works great. Can lock, deadlock, and unlock with the zapper just fine.

The problem is with the indicators screwing up when i unlock with the zapper - they go out of sync and 99% of the time the right hand one stays on and wont go off. Thats why i can't really use my remote central locking...

Could this be a relay or something? The ticking noise comes from under the seat or towards the front of the car i think... maybe im wrong... you can hear it go out of sync.

Thanks for the reply

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts