Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just wondering if any of you can help me out. The problem is as goes :-

I just bought myself a 93 306 xrdt for a runaround and dont really want to spend money on it. When I turn the heaters on when the car is up to temperature all i get is cold air. I have seen on other threads about people whos cars overheat because of this but my temp is fine. I could do with a fix for this asap as winter is coming. I thought it might be the matrix but have been told it is not but am not sure.

Also i have to bleed my water pipes every other day because the pipe from the thermostat to the rad is rock solid. this is actually quite worrying as it feels like its going to explode. i have tried bleeding the system and it runs ok for a couple of days then fills with air again.

I am no car fanatic but i have a feeling the 2 may be connected in some way.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated

Thanx

·
Registered
862 Posts
It could be a problem with the thermostat or the matrix,you could try flushing the matrix out and seeing if that helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dont think that is anything to do with your heater matrix. Cos when they go you end up with wet carpets. Like the moose says try your thermostat. Take it out and put it into boiling water if its ok it will open. You dont really need it in there. So if its bad just throw it away and put your casing back together. Or you can buy a new one for a few pounds

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the replies i flushed the matrix and that is fine so obviously not the cause of the problem how ever i also changed the thermostat and although the heaters are now slightly warm they are nowhere near what they should be.
My temp never seems to go above 80 i was thinking maybe this is the problem.

I still have no idea why i get a build up of air in my pipes just have to keep relieving them every few days to make sure everything ok. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts