Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a '99 Peugeot 306 2.0 HDi. I've owned the car for the last 10 years (was my first!) and is currently parked up on the drive.

The battery has gone flat a fair few times and I have charged it up using a battery charger every other week or so.

Currently it will not start, the engine spins but doesn't fire up. The 'K' light flickers slightly when on ignition.

Tried connecting with Peugeot Planet but the car does not respond :(

Previously over 10 years, it's been ultra reliable and really would want to get back on the road!!

If keys are left in door on ignition, first click, or off and door is opened, no buzzer sounds. (Door loom was replaced a couple of years ago so not the wiring there!)

Is this an ECU related fault and will I be on the hunt for a new ECU / Transponder / Chips - if so, do I have to match the numbers on the ECU?

There are 2 versions, single plug and 3 plug, I have the older single plug.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If the interior light comes on when the door is opened, it should activate the buzzer if the key is in the ignition.

Best to get it hooked up to PP2000 and check what the immobiliser state is when trying to start as it does look like your key might have lost it's code. OR the comms unit/antenna connection has a fault.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi....no beep when keys in ...imobiliser fault?..key/chip not recognised ?
I would say that but with the flickering 'K' engine light and no communication with Peugeot Planet, I suspect it's something more sinister

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Did not see that it is not talking to PP2000...

Check your fuses and plugs to ecu/bsi. Make sure they are getting 12v supply to the appropriate pins. Maybe a grounding problem somewhere? We all know what peugeot wiring is like... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Its NOT the ecu its never the ecu :)

Your fault is wiring most likely 306s had problems with rotten wiring under the front bumper causing all sorts of issues including no start/no comms if the ecu has no power you wont get comms simple as that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a new battery on it and even tried two batteries together to give a stronger push but no luck, so not a battery issue.

I'd rather not go hunting around for the wiring loom under the bumper! :nono:

Maybe this is my car trying to kill itself because I cheated on it? :eek: LOL

Does anybody if you have to match all the numbers on the ECU for everything to work?

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
You CANNOT just change the ecu its nothing to do with the numbers its because its matched to the key !

As i already said though unless you know something we dont it IS NOT the ecu i would not waste my time on that its most likely no power GETTING to the ecu.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts