Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've got a problem with my 1999 306 1.9 TD. 2 weeks ago one of my big end shells spun on the crank so i took the engine out and replaced the bottom end with an older 405 block (D38 i think). I used my original head, all the original sensors and the original wiring loom but i have now got a glow plug fault, most of the time my glow plug light doesnt come on and i have to manually power the glow plug buzz bar to start, occasionally the light does come on but then stays on for at least 30 seconds even if the engine has started. I have changed the glow plug control unit, changed the green temp sender behind the fuel filter housing, checked and cleaned all earths, checked the glow plugs and checked both relays behind the battery box. I'm running out of ideas now as everything electrical is off the original engine and i had no problems before. Any ideas/suggestions please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No ideas anyone? I had it checked on a code reader today and there are no active fault codes either. Getting embarrassing having to keep opening my bonnet to power the plugs when i start the car!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts