Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 306 diesel with DW8B engine I want to change fuel filter its a bit different to the citroen diesel filter housing im used to no bolts 306 has a oval shape housing little pipe coming off back right hand side and looks like feed pipe coming in from left hand side and a push button primer I gather .
The top has two hock like things front right which lock together as have theeth on them do you twist cover away from them as don't want to break any thing as I broke engine cover which was held on with bolt on side and a slide off clip on top not a twist and pull whoops hopefully car will be allright with out cover:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have 306 diesel with DW8B engine I want to change fuel filter its a bit different to the citroen diesel filter housing im used to no bolts 306 has a oval shape housing little pipe coming off back right hand side and looks like feed pipe coming in from left hand side and a push button primer I gather .
The top has two hock like things front right which lock together as have theeth on them do you twist cover away from them as don't want to break any thing as I broke engine cover which was held on with bolt on side and a slide off clip on top not a twist and pull whoops hopefully car will be allright with out cover:eek:
check youtube for a vid m8 there is loads on there mine on the 206 turns to come off

·
Registered
901 Posts
That`s the one,here is a better image (if it works?). it did,but you have to double click to make it bigger. I`ll work out these attachments one day??
Stupid plastic clip/snap ring,only use fingers or it will brake.Have a close look and you will see how it works.Very simple to change the filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
306 dw8 fuel filter

Firstly thanks for every ones help . Have managed to get locking ring off fine does any one know how the lid comes off it looks like a plastic clip on right hand side which you prise back and lid will come past just don't want to break it as the clip is part of the filter body:confused:

·
11,961 Posts
Threads merged and moved to 306 section. Please don't start new threads when you already have one open for your enquiry, and post in the correct section.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Is your filter the one in the images??
If so relies the oval band clip (4) at the locking ratchet, lift off the top cap (5) (it may be stuck) replace the filter element and rubber ring,hold down the cap,locate the band clip and squeeze the locking ratchet bit. Its so simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts