Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help please my dad has a 1995 1.9 xndt which is awkward starting ive fitted new glow plugs all tested and working new glow plug relay new injectors car takes ages to start when it does start theres unburnt diesel coming out of the exhaust once its warmed up it runs ok till you stop it then its awkward to start even when engines warm ive told him to scrap it due to its age but he wont been in family from new brother had it before him any help much appreciated

·
Registered
241 Posts
assuming its spinning over quick enough? is the pump timing good? not much left as they are much simpler-other than immobiliser fault,but excess fuel in exhaust would seem to suggest its getting enough fuel,so like i suggested perhaps its a timing issue....had the belt been changed (ie recently) before it started being a problem ....:(
neil
my 405 -which was pretty much the same, 1.8td ,(assuming yours isn't the hdi version...)i doubled up on a battery lead from battery to starter and a couple more earths,than normally fitted -made so much difference.it really spun over after adding these

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try running a length of clear plastic fuel hose,from pump to fuel filter. prime the pump and try to start, if you see excessive amounts of air bubbles then you have air in the fuel system, likely causes are fuel filter housing or priming bulb.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I`ll 2nd Xudpug`s advice. Normally the only thing that stops these old XUD`s starting other than duff glows is air.
That car is over 20 years old,how many fuel filters has it had during that time?
bet the air is getting in around there?
The other place I`ve known these old XUD`s drag in air is the fuel warmer that is fitted out of site on the back of the cylinder block by the r/h drive shaft.
IF IT HAS ONE?? not all models??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts