Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening to you all, i recently purchased a 306 D-turbo. came in part ex at the fiat dealer i work at. its done 136k and flew through an mot 3 weeks ago. the car itself is quite tidy. its P reg on the phase 1. its had some 17inch alloys fitted by the previous owner so its been abit of a boy racer car. it goes very well so im thinking its had pump tweaking. anyway, on the way home tonight a light came up on the dashboard on the top right, its a red Light with what looks like water marks with what looks like a lid on it, can anyone tell me what it is? also, are they meant to run at 70 degrees all the time on the temp gauge? i gave 400 quid for the car, im a fully qualified mechanic so anything that needs doing is no problem, i think the headgasket is guna need doing as well. i have no handbook for the car, thats why im asking you boys.

Many thanks.

gareth

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am not sure about the location of the indicator. If it looks a bit like a radiator (what I am guessing the cap you are referring to), it looks like the low coolent alarm.

I have (just about to lose) a TD 405 with what I think is the same engine. When I saw this light it meant one of two things - an electrical fault or it was time to change the head gasket.

About the temperature. My 405 ran at about 75 to 80 degrees unless I was running on long down hill runs or when I was getting air into the diesel lines, then it ran cooler. This I always thought was a bit low but I never spent the time to check if gauge was correct from an independent reference.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts