Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, i'm a newbie on here, Found this forum whilst in work, yes i know i should work harder!! Was hoping for a bit of help with my 306.

Firstly it's a 1999 2.0 HDi 90 5 door hackback with 99,500 mile on the clock, it runs well and pulls very strongly as expected from a HDi, the thing is it never warms up to full operating temperature it stays cool at around 70-75 degrees, a friend suggested a stuck thermostat but it warms to this temperature fairly quickly. Any other ideas or should i just go ahead and change it?

secondly it's developed a wobble between 50-60mph that can be felt through the whole car but only when the engine is working, on the over run it seems to smooth out, the steering wheel stays dead straight whilst it's doing this.

Any ideas would be greatly accepted

Cheers all

Chris

·
Registered
862 Posts
chris306 said:
Hi All, i'm a newbie on here, Found this forum whilst in work, yes i know i should work harder!! Was hoping for a bit of help with my 306.

Firstly it's a 1999 2.0 HDi 90 5 door hackback with 99,500 mile on the clock, it runs well and pulls very strongly as expected from a HDi, the thing is it never warms up to full operating temperature it stays cool at around 70-75 degrees, a friend suggested a stuck thermostat but it warms to this temperature fairly quickly. Any other ideas or should i just go ahead and change it?

secondly it's developed a wobble between 50-60mph that can be felt through the whole car but only when the engine is working, on the over run it seems to smooth out, the steering wheel stays dead straight whilst it's doing this.

Any ideas would be greatly accepted

Cheers all

Chris

Could also be a faulty temperature sender unit,especially if the car is running ok otherwise.Are the wheels balanced and aligned,no blisters on any tyres etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tyres are nearly new, 9 months old if that, i had them balanced a while back which improved matters but it soon came back again. For the Mot I had to replace the off-side anti-roll bar drop link, and the bottom suspension ball joint, do you reckon the old knackered one's (and they were bad) could have caused the tracking to change with the lack of support?

I've changed the ECU coolant temp sensor, which improved cold starting, is there a sepatate sender for the gauge or is it ecu driven?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts