Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all.

This is my first post on this site and I hope that some one can point me in the right direction?

I recently bought a second hand original cd/radio to replace the cassette radio in my 306.

I wired it up and tried it without starting the engine (just turned on the ignition) and both the radio and cd player worked fine and responded to the steering stalk control. Being a happy bunny I went in and cracked open a beer.

However next day when I tried to use the cd with the engine running, the cd player would not read the disc and ejected it (I did try several other discs -same result), the radio worked fine.

The odd thing is that with the engine turned off it will play the cds no problems, start the engine and the cd freezes (stalk controls will still allow change in volume/track selection). When you turn the engine off the cd resumes playing from where it froze (providing I didn't change track).

Did I buy a duff one or am I missing something?

As a side note I did buy a new Clarion but removed it as it is too fussy/busy with the graphics and control selection and I do like the simple layout and use of the original units.

Any one help please?

Thank you in advance,

David

·
Registered
77 Posts
hi finchy i used to have a 306 est it was a great car and i changed the radio for a sony cd player it was a 2 min job as the conections were all the same so they just pluged in did you have to mess with the wireing as if not it sounds like your cd player might be on the way out :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.