Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a 1999 306SE Cabrio.
It has black leather and looks in good condition, with 85k on the clock and a service history.
One thing that is bugging me is the roof. Did this model come with a electric hood or a manually operated one?
The ad states it is a manual hood but I can't seem to find anything on the internet to help me.
I don't want to be buying if the hood mechanism is broken as he is after £999

·
Registered
428 Posts
It has black leather and looks in good condition, with 85k on the clock and a service history.
One thing that is bugging me is the roof. Did this model come with a electric hood or a manually operated one?
The ad states it is a manual hood but I can't seem to find anything on the internet to help me.
Either or !!!! Can check with full chassis number...

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
ALL 306 cabs are electric folding roofs NONE came with a manual roof if it is manual the roof is needing attention but they are much less hastle than the later 206 and 307 cc models

·
Registered
190 Posts
Look for a button, think it's near the handbrake area, if it has a roof button then chances are the ecu for the roof has gone, mega bucks even for a 2nd hand one if you can find one. Don't be fooled by it's just a fuse or needs some fluid.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its behind the handbrake in the part that has the rear window switches

You may find the owner does not know how to operate it so has wrongly assumed it is faulty as they are not fully automatic and must be partially opened before the will work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
must be cheaper ones on ebay?

·
Registered
190 Posts
4 a week selling for less on ebay, there are cars for sale sections on facebook too, try there maybe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts