Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a W reg Cabriolet a couple of weeks ago, had a few issues but now, the roof won't open, at first it made a hideous whirring noise and got stuck at the point where the hatch opens for the roof to go in, got it opens eventually, then I had to manually close it (not 100% sure I have it completely on right or straight as there is a bit of a draft in there now!)

Now it doesn't do anything when I press the button, is there anything I can do without a hefty mechanic bill?!

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
When you closed it manually did you fully close the deck lid properly using the wheel key as its easy to overdo this and ruin the catch.

whirring noise may be fluid leaking at a pipe they are old now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The roof mechanism is accessed via the boot and all the components are made from cheap alloy casting and break very easily, When I had my 306 convertible I joined the 306 convertible forum site and got some great help from its members, I believe that there is a small joining fee now but well worth the money.
I even had some of the mechanism parts re fabricated for the club in steel so that they would not break!
Point to make is "do not over tighten" the mechanism as it will break and is a real bugger to sort out after

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thanks for your help, not going to lie, not sure what most of it means!
Will investigate and give that club a go for sure! I love this car but if it's left in the sun it gets so hot in there, it'd be lovely to get the roof down!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you closed it manually did you fully close the deck lid properly using the wheel key as its easy to overdo this and ruin the catch.

whirring noise may be fluid leaking at a pipe they are old now.

I have researched and figured out what you mean by wheel key, I was using the button from the inside, I did the two side levers/handles/hooks by the doors, pushed it a little way up and then pressed the roof down button (centre console behind the handbrake) and it was working before, then to put it back up I pressed the roof up button, pulled it down when it stopped and locked in the levers/handles/hooks by the doors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts