Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My attitude is that this particular vehicle, right now, has capabilities deserving consideration of the phone that best complements it, if you happen to be in the market for one.
Has anyone got this particular combination ?
Our phone's are due for an update and I'm wondering if the pixel would be a good choice and give us the ultimate complementary smartphone device.
I'd probably continue with USB stick music...... or would there be a better way?.
Are there any Pixel users?.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's a dated phone that had mixed reviews and has sold in very low volume because google don't really know how to sell and manufacture in volume. Some people love them mind you and the design is a bit marmite, maybe you'll love it.
That aside there's nothing it will do that any up to date android phone will not, including your z3.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a dated phone that had mixed reviews and has sold in very low volume because google don't really know how to sell and manufacture in volume. Some people love them mind you and the design is a bit marmite, maybe you'll love it.
That aside there's nothing it will do that any up to date android phone will not, including your z3.
Thanks for that.
My Z3's screen keeps going blank during calls, denying me options....very frustrating. I'm a Chrome/Gmail/photos type so thought it might have some advantages.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you're looking for a pure Android experience have a look at one plus 5, cheaper and in some ways better than the pixel. Although pixel 2 will be released this fall so..... I own a one plus 3T, very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're looking for a pure Android experience have a look at one plus 5, cheaper and in some ways better than the pixel. Although pixel 2 will be released this fall so..... I own a one plus 3T, very happy with it.
Thanks for that, never heard of that brand.
Online sales only and from the Chinese........hope it's not bugged:lol:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
But only updated whilst the phone is current or still selling in numbers.
That is the main issue with the majority of Android handsets; security falls rapidly once the phone is subject to a newer release model.
Manufacturers concentrate on the new model as that is the one they want you to purchase. All previous models get left by the wayside.

At least the Google Handsets get updated more or less when a firmware/software/security update is released.
As to the 'Other Manufacturers' (Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, etc. etc.), Google release the update but the manufacturers then decide IF or WHEN they will recode their software and add the said updates....... often months after Google released the update. It basically is not financially practical for the manufacturers!!

Personally, I use Apple devices:
1. They are bulletproof secure as Apple lock down the machine so Apps can not interfere with other Apps.
2. The day Apple release an update ALL handsets from the latest to the much older models get the update.
3. You buy a new iPhone and want it to look exactly the same as your previous iphone ~ No Problem:- Either use iTunes or iCloud and restore your new iphone to exactly the same byte per byte. No issues with having to spend hours setting up your new phone to look and work the same as your previous phone.
4. If you have both an iPhone and an iPad then it gets better:- If you are working on your iPad and a text comes in, you read it on your iPad and reply using the same device. Better still if you also have an iMac or/and a MacBook:- you can receive texts and reply on any Apple devices that are connected to the same iCloud account.
5. Final reason ~ Fluidity Continued:- I am sat using say my iPhone and I read something in a web page that interests me. Simply select the text and press 'copy'.
Now pick up your iPad, go to say your Notes App and press 'paste'.
BINGO.... the test you copied on your iphone has automatically been transferred to the iPad.
Note: This also works with iMac, MacBooks, in fact any devices connected to the same iCloud.

Because certain iTunes Apps are or can be installed on all iOS/OS X devices it means you can work on one device and pick up any other device to continue where you last left off... simple. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think you will be pleasantly surprised if you go for it. Traded in my Samsung s7 edge for it.
£380 plus postage seems a bargain for my needs Mike and I only have the iPad, all the rest pc phone with the priority being google stuff.
It's installed apps appear to be google based too.
I am out of my depth with all this tech stuff and for computing purposes I prefer to avoid bumbling with a phone, with the possible exception being maps.

I've heard people actually complain about the frequency of Apple updates, as if it's used to make your old one obsolete due to battery and storage issues etc...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
£380 plus postage seems a bargain for my needs Mike and I only have the iPad, all the rest pc phone with the priority being google stuff.
It's installed apps appear to be google based too.
I am out of my depth with all this tech stuff and for computing purposes I prefer to avoid bumbling with a phone, with the possible exception being maps.

I've heard people actually complain about the frequency of Apple updates, as if it's used to make your old one obsolete due to battery and storage issues etc...
No Problem Dave, you go with whatever you feel comfortable with.
P.S. I have practically ALL the Google Apps installed on all my Apple devices.

Just as a side note though:- In my spare time I have been doing software development with both Android and Apple users for a good number of years and have liaised with countless manufacturers. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
But only updated whilst the phone is current or still selling in numbers.
That is the main issue with the majority of Android handsets; security falls rapidly once the phone is subject to a newer release model.
Manufacturers concentrate on the new model as that is the one they want you to purchase. All previous models get left by the wayside.

At least the Google Handsets get updated more or less when a firmware/software/security update is released.
As to the 'Other Manufacturers' (Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, etc. etc.), Google release the update but the manufacturers then decide IF or WHEN they will recode their software and add the said updates....... often months after Google released the update. It basically is not financially practical for the manufacturers!!

Personally, I use Apple devices:
1. They are bulletproof secure as Apple lock down the machine so Apps can not interfere with other Apps.
2. The day Apple release an update ALL handsets from the latest to the much older models get the update.
3. You buy a new iPhone and want it to look exactly the same as your previous iphone ~ No Problem:- Either use iTunes or iCloud and restore your new iphone to exactly the same byte per byte. No issues with having to spend hours setting up your new phone to look and work the same as your previous phone.
4. If you have both an iPhone and an iPad then it gets better:- If you are working on your iPad and a text comes in, you read it on your iPad and reply using the same device. Better still if you also have an iMac or/and a MacBook:- you can receive texts and reply on any Apple devices that are connected to the same iCloud account.
5. Final reason ~ Fluidity Continued:- I am sat using say my iPhone and I read something in a web page that interests me. Simply select the text and press 'copy'.
Now pick up your iPad, go to say your Notes App and press 'paste'.
BINGO.... the test you copied on your iphone has automatically been transferred to the iPad.
Note: This also works with iMac, MacBooks, in fact any devices connected to the same iCloud.

Because certain iTunes Apps are or can be installed on all iOS/OS X devices it means you can work on one device and pick up any other device to continue where you last left off... simple. :)
IPhones are great, my 3 other family members have iPhones and we own an iPad. It's just not for me, it's a bit overpriced and I feel that android suits me better. More customisation, back button (!) and overall a more fun os to be in. iOS is like a boring beige Volvo for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts